Wednesday, March 16, 2011

On Illogicality as Virtue

It appears I have become a minor celebrity on Facebook, that most important barometer of change in social status. Some of my law school colleagues have decided that it is more exciting than offensive to ignore the fact that a rodent enrolled in law school is one of those things you don't talk about, like Snooki's intellectual prowess. All I have to say to that is this: "the legal position [is] still very far from satisfying the highest demands of reason."

In more exciting news, Animal Law is finally getting some much deserved media attention (h/t SH for the link). Fucking right. While I find the tone of the article a little bit off-putting ("frivolous fido filings"---really?), this is generally a welcome development. Of course, I fully expect U of T Law to rethink the ill-advised step of having a human animal teach this course. Last time I checked, no one had retained non-human animals to deliver lectures on the virtues of tort-ing your neighbours.

No comments:

Post a Comment